The Senate Republican Campaign Committee Annual Dinner is the first and largest fundraiser each year for the Senate Republican caucus. Sterling planned and staffed the 2016 Annual Dinner, as well as led fundraising efforts leading up to the event, to raise money for the caucus to provide messaging and campaign support to Republican incumbent Senators and future candidates.
- Developed strategic finance plan that outlines prospective donors, messaging, and fundraising goal.
- Refined contributor lists and pulled donor histories to solicit direct donations and expand donor base.
- Solicited PAC donations.
- Organized a dozen “road days” with caucus members to network with potential donors and solicit funds prior to the dinner.
- Coordinated regulatory reporting following the event.
- Raised a record $1.5 million for the Senate Republican Campaign Committee.
- Broke attendance records – arranging for about 300 former and current legislators, lobbyists, and donors to join the caucus at their annual fundraiser. Guests included Congressmen Mike Rogers, Mike Bishop, and John Moolenaar.
- Developed new relationships with major donors, which positioned the caucus to break fundraising records in 2016.
Consulting, Event Planning, Featured Work, Fundraising, Government