The Conservative Energy Network (CEN) is a coalition of state-based conservative clean energy and energy efficiency organizations, with members in about 20 states. CEN hosts a Conservative Conclave twice annually, a conference that brings together current state directors and leaders in emerging states to share best practices and discuss future opportunities for conservative clean energy engagement. The second Conservative Conclave, which was coordinated by Sterling, was held from November 28-30, 2016 in Washington, D.C. and featured a briefing and press conference on a post-election national clean energy poll commissioned by CEN.
- Organized Conservative Conclave, recruited speakers, and developed agenda.
- Leveraged the poll results through a press conference at the National Press Club and coordinated an in-person and webinar poll briefing, featuring presentations by Glen Bolger of Public Opinion Strategies (who conducted the poll), Mark Pischea, Executive Director of CEN, and James Dozier, Executive Director of Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions.
- Developed materials for press conference, including script, press advisory, and press release, with targeted messaging and poll results.
- Filmed interviews with each state director in attendance to use in future outreach and education efforts.
- Coordinated logistics with film crew, vendors, and the National Press Club.
- Generated widespread exposure of the CEN poll throughout national and state media markets and among the energy industry and advocacy community.
- Secured nearly two dozen media hits regarding the poll findings in December 2016-January 2017, with new articles continuing to be published.
- Raised awareness of CEN and its member organizations, prompting engagement opportunities across the nation and new partnerships with conservative allies.
- Positioned CEN and its state members as national thought leaders, educating policymakers and the public on the economic, conservation, grid security, and national security benefits of clean energy and energy efficiency.
Communications, Energy, Event Planning, Featured Work, Member Coordination, Polling, Public Affairs, Relationship Building